A person's gastrointestinal tract is among the most important systems in the body because it is composed of such necessary parts as the esophagus, intestines, pancreas, gallbladder, and stomach. Dysfunction in the GI tract can impact how your body receives proper nutrition and excretes stool. If you are having bothersome signs associated with your GI wellness, it may be time to seek out a GI physician in Hinsdale, IL. Hinsdale Gastroenterology Associates is your source for professional gastrointestinal treatment.
What is a GI specialist and what do they treat?
A gastroenterologist is a physician that specializes in treating the gastrointestinal tract and liver. A GI specialist helps support a patient’s gastrointestinal wellness and addresses conditions, such as:
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatic steatosis (fatty liver disease)
- Colorectal cancer and colon polyps
- Acid reflux (heartburn)
- Ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease (inflammatory bowel disease)
- Celiac disease and non-celiac gluten sensitivity
When to see a doctor for digestive diseases
In the event that you have been having issues related to your digestive system, such as abdominal pain, difficulty swallowing, persistent heartburn, or abnormal bowel habits, then arrange a consultation with a GI practitioner immediately. It is also vital to arrange regular appointments with a GI specialist for regular maintenance and colon cancer testing starting as soon as age 45.
How to identify the best gastroenterologist near me
Locating a physician can seem like a complicated process, but our team in Hinsdale, IL is here to provide support. Here are some pointers to locate a gastroenterology physician near you.
- Ask for a recommendation from your primary care doctor. Because they're your principal line of defense for any medical problems you have, your general medicine practitioner is an efficient source for nearby gastroenterologists.
- Ask your friends or relatives for suggestions. In the event that a person in your life also has gastrointestinal problems, they could lead you in the direction of a reliable Hinsdale, IL GI physician. Inquire from your friends and family who they see for their GI wellness needs as well as preventive cancer testing.
- Search your insurance company's network for a covered gastroenterologist. In order to help keep your out-of-pocket costs inexpensive, look through your insurance carrier’s system or contact your insurance representative for a list of nearby gastrointestinal physicians.
- Check your gastroenterology physician's training. Before reserving a visit with a GI doctor, make sure to do a little bit of research on their expertise and credentials. Learn where they acquired their education and how long they have been in practice. Additionally, search patient feedback to see how patients feel regarding their experience with a certain gastrointestinal specialist.
- Book a consultation. As soon as you have simplified your search considerably, reach out to your preferred gastrointestinal specialist and book a consultation. When you meet with your specialist, pay attention to how they communicate and make you feel. Finding a physician who prioritizes your well-being and security can help you feel comfortable and calm when getting treatment.
Seeking a GI specialist in Hinsdale, IL?
Partnering with a skilled GI physician can allow you to protect your GI health and total wellness. The specialists at Hinsdale Gastroenterology Associates take a personalized approach to gastrointestinal health and are dedicated to your well-being, security, and overall excellent visit. We encourage you to get in touch with our team in Hinsdale, IL at your convenience to arrange a consultation.